Friday 21 October 2016

Spirit lead me...


 Get ready for me to sound so basic and stereotypical. Ready?

I love the song Oceans. I know, I know, me, along with pretty much every other Christian girl (and some Christian guys) out there. But for real, as unoriginal as this might sound, the Lord has really spoken to me through the song.

Two summers ago I preached my very first sermon and this song inspired the message I shared. I can remember it as clear as day. It was one Sunday when I was heading home. I was sitting in my old silver Dodge Neon and the rain was coming down hard on the windshield. I had just started the car and hooked up my phone to my Bluetooth thing. The song started playing and I knew what I was supposed to talk about.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
                                                             
About a month later I stood up on the platform and preached a sermon about Jesus calling Peter to walk on the water.

Now fast forward to this past Sunday, I was making the hour and a half drive back to school after being home for the weekend. I have recently been obsessed with Rend Collective’s new album Campfire II: Simplicity. All of a sudden Oceans comes on. Rend Collected has their own new rendition of the song and it is BEAUTIFUL! I have listened to it at least 20 times. I love it!

So as I was driving I was listening to this song (and singing along very loudly). I was hit again by this line:

“Spirit lead me where my trust is without boarders”

I realized that this needs to be my prayer while I’m volunteering. Even though I may feel insignificant (see last week's post) I need to remember that God can and will use me. So I’m asking God to lead me where my trust is without boarders. I want him to call me to step out of my boat – my comfort zone – and to trust him to use me and keep me afloat.  

Thanks for reading, 

Em

If you are interested in listening to Oceans from Rend Collective's new album (I highly recommend you do!) listen to it here:


**I actually didn't get out to volunteer this week because I had SO MUCH work. I had a midterm on Monday, an assignment Wednesday, a 2000 word paper due Wednesday, a quiz Wednesday, a 4 page paper due Thursday, a midterm Friday, and this blog post for Friday. It was a pretty hectic week.**

1 comment:

  1. Love the song!! I appreciated reading your post. glad to hear you are starting to see how God might be working in you and through you in this ministry.

    ReplyDelete